Monday, November 22, 2010

My Amazing Husband

We've been wanting a mini van for our family, especially since we became annual pass-holders at Disneyland. This means more often than once a year, we're going there and I don't want to take another trip in my husband's Suzuki Swift.

So, Chris researched and the winner was the Kia Sedona. The safety rating even trumped Honda, which was surprising, and the price was better, so we began hunting. Day after day, Chris would check online, visit dealerships, etc...and he kept seeing the same thing: fabric interior, silver...he wanted something other than what we've had. he wanted to be comfortable and not settle.

So I prayed all the time. "Please, God. I know it's not a necessity, but we would love a van to just be comfortable. Is it wrong to want to be comfortable? Please bless my husband, who works to keep us fed, with a mini van!" I had friends and family (thanks mom!) praying too...and Chris told me we had a lead in Warrenton that we'd look at tomorrow.

Chris arrived home today about 4 pm. He had called a few times. The snow was heavy through the pass and some cars were in the ditch. The kids hadn't seen him in a couple days - he had stayed in town after working graveyard for a week...exhausted and getting over the flu we all had. So, the kids attacked him and they played while I headed to the basement to finally get my crafty on!

THREE hours pass. I have a lot accomplished when Flannery yells down the stairs that it's snowing - so we grab out coats and all head out. Cannon loves it. It's freezing cold, windy and snow pebbles are hitting our faces. Out of the wind, it's soft and floaty. Chris tells us to come near the driveway where it's more gentle. I'm looking up at the trees when he slowly opens the garage. I turn to look and see a Honda logo.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" I scream and jump on him and hug him. Flannery starts jumping and screaming. Cannon is confused.

It's a 2007 Honda Odyssey - 32,000 miles and BLACK, Cannon's favorite color. We all got inside and looked around. Leather interior, heated seats, 6 disc CD changer and Chris went today and had an Alpine DVD player installed in the ceiling with wireless headphones for the kids.

He went above and beyond and totally lied to me for the past 2 days hiding his surprise. I couldn't have prayed for or imagined anything better. It's perfect!!