Thursday, November 18, 2010

Love and Mercy

I prefer NOT having staunch opinions on some things to avoid conflict. For instance, the President of the United States. I don't campaign for a particular candidate. I vote (or don't) the way I want to and keep it to myself. During the elections I blocked the feeds of about 15 people who continued to preach about their candidate as if God had just formed him from the dust of the earth. Dumb.

The only opinion I am glad to share, but not choke you with, is that love of Christ is real. I heard a song today and the line that sticks with me every time I hear it is, "Mercy doesn't care what you've done." Mercy is Jesus. Jesus is love.

I just don't get it. Accepting the love of Jesus is so simple...why do so many friends of mine decide it's not for them? I think it's the religion. I think it's the "followers" of Christ that blow up abortion clinics and those "christians" who preach what they refuse to practice, that turn people away.

Well, my preaching is about mercy & love - the essence of Christ. Mercy and love are gentle...a basic human need. I hope I can be that to others. To you.