Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Pooh Story

Oh man. The trials of being with child.

The worst part right now is the constipation. Strangely enough, I drink over 100oz. of water a day. I also eat quite a bit of fiber, but maybe not enough. I decided to take matters into my own hands after a personal struggle, and I'll keep it personal, earlier this evening.

I went and bought two tall tubes of the new individually wrapped sunsweet prunes. I went to visit some friends (Kim, Doug and Laurie) and I preceeded to eat all but 3 of the prunes in the tube. I didn't count how many I actually ate, but know that two went to Laurie and one went to Doug, who was impressed that I purchased the individually wrapped colon-de-blockers.

About an hour and a half later I felt, as Winnie the Pooh would say, "a rumbly in my tumbly," and left for home, just 3 minutes away from Kim's.

I was able to go once. Then it just let loose. It got crazy. Crazy cool, let's just say and I feel like actually poundage has been flushed (ha ha) out of my body. I feel like I can breathe again.

I must say, telling a story like this is so age 33 of me. When I was pregnant 7 years ago, it wouldn't have even been a thought to actually blog something so intimate and well, disgusting. But I'm getting older...not quite old enough for prune stories, but alas, prunes are my new best friend.

I might just have to restrict my intake a bit in the future.

No comments: